6 Tips to Remove and Prevent Split Ends
A Split end is when hair becomes dry or damaged, the hair shaft splits at the end. Once you have split ends, the only way to get rid of it is to get your hair trimmed. However, you can prevent split ends by taking good care of your hair.
Here are 6 easy tips to get rid and prevent split ends:
1. First of all, identify what kind of split ends you have. You can get it only on the ends or multiple splits on the length of the same strand.
2. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks. If you have a few split ends, you can do this yourself at home. If you haven’t trimmed your hair in a long time then definitely go to a professional to get rid of all the split ends.
- Cut at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) above the split. A split end will split the hair all the way up to the scalp, so snip it as soon as you spot it.
- Most of us think that cutting will make our hair shorter and takes a long time to grow back. In reality, trimming and getting rid of split ends promotes hair growth.
3. After a haircut, use products that help to prevent split ends.
- Usually, products that claim to seal split ends make your hair appear healthier. In fact, they don’t reverse the damage.
- Once you get rid of split ends you want to use products that prevent from having split ends in the future. Even after using these products split ends can occur at some point so the only way is to cut your hair.
- Use a deep conditioner once a week. You can also apply oil and hair masks. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
4. Don’t brush your hair while its wet. Your hair is more prone to breakage while its wet so try to be as gentle as possible. Use a wide tooth comb to de-tangle your hair.
5. Your hair gets damaged due to brushing and styling. Also, frequent washing and using hot tools damage your hair, making it more prone to breakage and split ends. Therefore, try to minimize the use of anything that makes your hair weak.
6. Before blow drying, straightening, using curling irons or any kind of hot tool remember to apply a heat protecting serum. It protects your hair from getting damaged due to heat.
More for you
10 Beauty Hacks Every Girl Should Know
6 Weird Beauty Hacks That Actually Work
12 Best Beauty Hacks That No One Told You About
DIY Itchy Scalp & Dandruff Treatments