The Ordinary’s 5 Best Products for Acne
The Ordinary offers several products that can help improve the appearance of acne-prone skin. Here are The Ordinary’s 5 best skin care products for acne:
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: This serum contains niacinamide, which can help regulate sebum production and reduce the appearance of blemishes and congestion. Zinc is included in the formula to support the skin’s natural barrier function and promote healing.
- Salicylic Acid 2% Masque: This mask contains salicylic acid, which is a beta-hydroxy acid that can penetrate deep into pores to exfoliate and unclog them. It also contains charcoal and clay to absorb excess oil and impurities.
- AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution: This is a potent exfoliating treatment that contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs) to exfoliate the skin and unclog pores. It can help improve the appearance of acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).
- Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%: Azelaic acid is a gentle, yet effective ingredient that can help reduce the appearance of blemishes, congestion, and PIH. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help soothe and protect the skin.
- Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion: Retinoids are vitamin A derivatives that can help improve the appearance of acne and PIH by promoting cell turnover and reducing inflammation. This product contains a gentle form of retinoid that is well-tolerated by most skin types.
Keep in mind that it’s important to patch test new products and to introduce them gradually into your routine. It’s also a good idea to consult with a skincare professional if you have severe acne or are unsure about which products to use.