DIY Natural Hair Masks for Curly Hair
You got curls of Merida? While girls use curlers, irons and hundreds of home tricks to curl their hair – you have them naturally! However, maintaining the pretty bunch of coils could be a difficult task especially when it comes to detangling them. Using natural home remedies and some tricks you can easily make them frizz free and get them sparkly shining. There are loads of expensive products available in the market, but trials and errors could end up damaging your hair. In this post, we will tell you about some ingredients easily available at home that work wonders for curly hair.
1. Avocado Pack and Coconut Oil Mask
This is a superb pack that will give your hair a natural shine and also strengthens your hair. Coconut oil hydrates dry hair and gives it a natural shine. Avocado is loaded with protein and repairs dry and damaged hair.
• Scoop out half an avocado and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil, mix well and apply on your scalp and hair. Leave for 30 minutes and wash it out.
2. Honey and Olive Oil Mask
Olive oil is perfect for those who have dry curls. Honey moisturizes your hair and stops hair from breaking. It is antioxidant in nature and keeps your scalp healthy. The 2 ingredients together work as a deep conditioner for your dry curls.
• Take 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix them together and apply on scalp and hair especially on the tips. Leave it for 30 minutes, rinse and shampoo.
3. Banana and Yogurt Mask
Curls become unmanageable, especially in the winters. This mask does wonders to your curls. Bananas lock in the moisture and give shine to your curls. Yogurt is full of protein and also contains lactic acid that cleanses your scalp of dead skin cells so your hair can grow properly.
• Take 1 ripe banana and 3 tablespoons of yogurt. Run the two ingredients in a blender and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well and apply on your hair from scalp to tips. Keep the mask for 30 minutes then rinse it out, shampoo and condition mildly.
4. Egg Yolk, Castor Oil and Rosemary Mask
Egg yolk contains Vitamin A, E, folate, and biotin all of which are known to trigger hair growth. Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid which improves the circulation of blood of your scalp and balances its pH. Castor oil makes your hair smooth and frizz free. Rosemary helps in also stimulates blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
• Take 1 yolk of egg, 2 tablespoons of castor oil and 10 to 15 drops of rosemary essential oil. Keep the mask for 20 minutes and then shampoo.
The quantity of ingredients mentioned above will suffice for medium length or short hair. If you have longer hair, you can double the ingredients or adjust it according to what will be enough for your hair.
Apply these hair masks at least twice a week and you will never have to worry about – frizz, falling hair, tangles, and growth. Your hair will become manageable and you will be able to mold them into a hairstyle of your choice easily.
More for you
How to Restore Dry/Damaged Hair
Get Shiny, Healthy Hair with Baking Soda
What to Eat for Healthier, Stronger Hair