20 Ways To Use Mustard Oil For Healthy Hair, Skin & Body
Mustard oil can be used in so many ways. This is a one oil wonder that can keep your hair, skin, and body healthy. Here are a few simple tips on how you can use mustard oil.
Care for Your Hair Using Mustard Oil
1. Use mustard oil as a massage oil for the hair. Mustard oil is a good source of omega-3 and protein. Both of these components are good stimulants that encourage hair growth.
2. This can also be used as a hot oil treatment to have shiny hair. Having long hair is not enough. It needs to be healthy too. As a hair treatment, just put mustard oil from the roots to the tips of your hair then put on a shower cap. Leave it on for about 3 hours and shower it with shampoo after to avoid oily scalp.
3. As a way to prevent unwanted gray hair from growing out too soon, you can also apply mustard oil to your hair for at least 30 minutes before going to bed. Make sure to wash your hair after.
4. Since mustard oil is an antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory oil, it is a safer choice for achieving dandruff-free and itch-free hair. All you have to do is mix mustard oil and coconut oil together then leave it on for about 1 to 2 hours. Make sure to wash your hair after.
6. For the prevention or reduction of hair fall, you can use mustard oil, coconut oil, and olive oil in equal proportions. Make sure to leave it on for 2 hours and wash it off with shampoo after. You can do this twice a week.
Mustard Oil for Overall Health and Wellness
1. Use it as a massage oil. Mustard oil is known to be a stimulant. The moment it is rubbed on to the skin, it creates heat, thereby improving the circulation of your blood. This method also helps ease the pain in your joints, even arthritis.
2. It can be used as a natural chest rub in cases when you have difficulty breathing or a blocked nose because of cough or colds. Simply mix mustard oil with chopped garlic.
3. As a steam inhalation recipe, you can bring water, mustard oil, and caraway seeds to a boil and transfer it to a bowl. Breathe in the steam from the mixture for quick relief to clear yourself off of blocked airways when you have cough or flu.
4. As a lip treatment, you can squeeze 2 to 3 drops of mustard oil into your belly button every night as a relief to chapped lips.
5. As a food supplement for prevention of asthma attacks, mix 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. You can take it 3 times a day.
6. You can make a medicated toothpaste out of ½ teaspoon mustard oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon turmeric. This helps whiten your teeth naturally and promotes healthy teeth and gum health.
7. Just like fish oil, mustard oil can be used as a food supplement to improve memory and brain function.
8. Mustard oil is a good source of phytonutrients and antioxidants which makes it a good anti-cancer food. If you include this in your diet, it can help prevent or slow down colon or gastrointestinal cancer.
Mustard Oil for Inexpensive and Effective Skin Care
1. Pure mustard oil can be applied on the skin as a mosquito repellent.
2. For a natural skin whitening and brightening treatment, you can create a paste using mustard oil with chickpea flour, yogurt, and lemon. Apply and leave this on your face for about 15 minutes then wash it off with warm water. Keep doing this every night, and you will surely be glad to see that your acne scars and other dark spots will be visibly lighter. It can also enhance your skin tone and make it look even.
3. As an alternative for sunscreen, you can use mustard oil as it contains high levels of vitamin E. It can protect your skin from the harsh rays of the sun and at the same time save you from spending too much money on sunscreens. Just use a small amount so your face will not be too oily and to avoid clogged up pores. Apply this for at least 20 minutes before sun exposure.
4. Mustard oil is rich in vitamins A and E, so it can be used as an effective anti-aging serum. To do this, simply mix mustard oil and coconut oil together then apply it on your face after cleansing and toning.
5. Mustard oil can be applied as an ointment for relief from itchiness such as rashes. It is known to be good for reducing inflammation and is an antibacterial and anti-fungal oil.
6. Treat your cracked heel with a mixture of melted candle wax and mustard oil. Apply this mixture to your heels and put on cotton socks after application. Make sure that you leave it on overnight.
7. This can be used as a moisturizer or lubricant for your nails. Just apply it on your nails like you do with nail polish and leave it on overnight.
Best Mustard Oil to Use
The key to finding the best mustard oil to use at home is to buy one that is certified organic, unrefined, and cold-pressed. Cold-pressed mustard oil is done using a different process than normal since the extraction of the oil is done with the use of unheated mustard seeds. Also, only buy from acknowledged oil manufacturer brands to ensure that the oil is produced in accordance with the food safety requirements and standards.
How to Know if Mustard Oil is Natural and Organic
You can’t tell if a product is organic just by looking at it. The safest thing to do is to find the stamp or logo that indicates the product has been certified as organic such as “USDA Organic”.
More for you
8 Essential Oils for Healthy Hair and Scalp
Top 5 Best Natural Oils for Gorgeous Hair
5 Amazing Oils for Clear and Glowing Skin
Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
Heal Your Skin Naturally with Essential Oils