10 Natural Remedies To Remove Sun Tan From Face & Body
Having a fun day at the beach and letting your skin soak the beautiful sunshine is the idea of a perfect summer day. However, the after effects are not so pleasant. The skin goes through a few complexion changes in the next 2-3 days. Skin tanning is a natural process which protects the skin from being damaged by the harmful UV rays. When we expose the skin to the sun, it produces melanin, the pigment which gives color to the skin. It protects the skin from getting more damaged.
The best way to prevent a tan is by wearing sunscreen, protecting your skin by wearing covered clothes and limiting sun exposure during the hours of 10 am to 3 pm.
Here are 10 natural remedies to remove sun tan from the face and body:
1. When it comes to skin lightening, lemon juice is one of the best home remedies. To remove tan, take lemon juice and dilute it with water. Apply this on the skin and wash off after 20 minutes. When applying lemon juice on the skin, one should be careful as the citric acid can irritate or burn the skin.
2. Take half a lemon and sprinkle sugar on it. Rub the lemon on your skin in gentle circular motions.
3. The beautifying properties of aloe vera gel are tried and tested. Apply aloe vera gel to the affected areas of your face and body before bedtime.
4. Apply a turmeric face pack. Turmeric is popular for its skin lightening properties. Mix 1/4th tsp of turmeric powder with two tbsps of yogurt. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid which increases collagen production and renews skin.
5. Potato juice is known for its bleaching properties. It helps to lighten discoloration and can also be used to remove dark circles. You can directly rub a slice of potato on the affected skin or use the juice. Simply, grate a potato and squeeze out the juice. Apply it on the skin with a cotton ball. You can leave it overnight or rinse after 15 minutes. Leftover juice can be saved for later use by freezing in ice cube trays.
6. Apply equal parts of tomato juice and yogurt to your skin. Rinse with water after 30 minutes.
7. Cucumber has a cooling effect on the skin. Blend half a cup of cucumber in a blender, squeeze out the juice and apply it on your skin with a cotton ball.
8. Use gram flour to wash your face. Take a tsp of gram flour in the palm of your hand and add water to form a paste. Gently massage the paste to wash your face. Use this for 2-3 days until the tan is faded.
9. Use dried milk powder to cleanse your skin. The lactic acid in milk is a gentle skin exfoliator which naturally lightens and brightens the skin. Take one tbsp of dried milk powder, mix one tbsp of honey and apply the mixture on your face. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
10. The easiest way to remove tan from the skin is by preventing further sun damage by using physical sun protection. Wear a hat and keep your skin covered.