10 Mascara Hacks For Amazing Eyelashes
We’re always looking for ways to get our eyelashes dreamy and lush. The easiest way is to use a lengthening and thickening mascara. Mascara is a staple in everyone’s makeup bag. It is the most important step that many of us never skip. There are some mascara hacks and tricks that enhance your eyelashes even more.
Here are 10 mascara hacks that you need to know:
1. Curl your eyelashes before mascara. It’s a tool specifically designed to curl and lift your eyelashes. Try the professionals recommended Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler or the Surratt Relevee Lash Curler. Clamp your eyelashes in the curler and hold it for a few seconds.
2. Use powder for volumizing your eyelashes. Dust your eyelashes with baby powder or any makeup setting powder in between coats to build volume. Apply a coat of mascara then take an eyeshadow brush or a cotton q tip, dip it in powder and apply it while your eyelashes are still wet with mascara. Finish off with a coat of mascara to set the powder.
3. Heat your eyelash curler to keep your eyelashes curled for longer. Simply, take your eyelash curler and keep it in front of the hair dryer for a few seconds. Now curl your lashes and apply mascara for a long-lasting curl and volume.
4. When you apply mascara, instead of moving the wand up and down on your eyelashes, keep your wand still and blink your eyes. This will give help the mascara evenly cover the eyelashes and give that extra lift to your eyelashes.
5. If you ever run out of your eyeliner or couldn’t find it, use your mascara as an eyeliner. Take an eyeliner brush or any flat angled brush, swipe it on the mascara wand and apply your eyeliner like you normally do.
6. If your mascara has dried or turned clumpy, add a few drops of eye drops or contact solution in the mascara tube. You could also soak the tube of a clumpy mascara in hot water to warm up the formula.
7. When using fake eyelashes, apply a thin coat of mascara before applying the falsies. Apply your fake eyelashes, let it dry and apply mascara towards the ends only. This will blend the real eyelashes with the fake ones.
8. Many mascara brands claim that they contain synthetic fibers for volume. You can do the same by picking tiny fibers from a cotton ball and applying it in between mascara coats. Take a spooly brush and rub it on a cotton ball to pick up tiny cotton strands. Apply it on your eyelashes and coat with mascara.
9. If you have a favorite mascara wand and run out of that mascara. you can wash and save that wand to apply other mascaras.
10. No time to cover those gray hairs? Simply cover them with a mascara that matches your natural hair color.